Gay Geeks of New York, LLC’s monthly event at the LGBT Center is an ongoing social gathering for all LGBTQ geeks and allies. This is a place to make friends and discuss your favorite geek genres (comics, video games, anime, fantasy, horror, role-playing games, science fiction.)
Each monthly gathering centers around our four-round Geek Trivia, covering all geek genres, with a prize bag going to the winning team. There will be two rounds of trivia, a 15-minute mingling period, a special game round (in which the game changes every month!), and then the final trivia question round.
1) Check the front desk to see what room we are in.
2) $6 admission (NYS sales tax included) – Exact change would be appreciated! Cash is preferred, but we accept credit/debit cards as well.
3) If you are attending or planning to attend, and you are age 15 or younger, we require a permission slip from your parent or legal guardian. You can obtain a permission slip by emailing GayGeeksofNY@gmail.com.
4) Make sure you get your giveaway ticket at the door for a chance to win this month’s free “mystery” geeky item giveaway!
5) Please bring a food or drink item to share with the group.
6) DONATIONS: Have geeky stuff (collected comic tradepaperbacks, statues, action figures, DVDs, used or unused video games, etc.) that you want to get rid of? Then bring it! It will become part of future prize bags. Please check with Nick first however, to let him know what types of items you will be bringing.
7) Six people per team. You do NOT however, need to bring your own team. You’ll form a team with other people in attendance.
8) If you want to sit with friends, please don’t be late. Otherwise, we can’t guarantee that you will be able to sit together. You can only save seats until 5:50 PM. Then, seats will be first-come, first-served.
For more information about GGNY and our events, contact Nick at GayGeeksofNY@gmail.com, follow us on Twitter (@GayGeeksNY), or check out our website at ggny.org.